- Your baby now spends more time awake and wants to exercise her limbs punching out with her arms and kicking with her legs.
- This is the month when you will be rewarded with your baby’s first real smile.
- Now that babies sleep on their back, it is important that during the day they spend plenty of time on their tummies.
- This will help them to develop head control and lifting their head from this position gives them a new perspective on the world.
- Your baby’s ability to suck will improve and she will suck on almost anything – a blanket, a dummy or her hand.
- Most babies will still want a middle of the night feed or maybe even a couple of feeds but the good news is that your baby will be sleeping for longer stretches.