- At this age a baby still has no sense of being separate from you.
- A one month old gains more control of his body and loses some of the jerky movements of a newborn baby.
- He will have increased head control but you will still need to cradle his head in your arm for support.
- Most of your baby’s behaviour will be automatic, such as sucking, grasping and turning his head towards a nipple to feed.
- By the end of the month your baby should be able to focus on a face and track a moving object about 15cm/6” above his face.
- Many experts think that babies do not smile until about 6 weeks of age.
- However, parents quickly realise that their baby smiles from the earliest days of life.
- Your baby’s neck muscles are getting stronger, which allows him to hold his head up for short periods.
- Now that babies are generally put to bed on their backs it is important that they have time to play on their tummies during the day in order to exercise their neck, shoulder and arm muscles. These are the muscles your baby will need to roll over and crawl.
Takde likes, takde komen, takde share.
1 day ago